Wednesday, August 6, 2014

ANITA BIRT - SPEAKING OUT

Our weather on Vancouver Island continues. I'd like to bottle it and have a Genie bring it out on a miserable winter day and wrap it around me. Aladdin and your Lamp. Where are you when I need you?

Gone the way of all magic so I must weave my own. Counting my blessings. I often do when I'm out walking and stop to listen to  the sound of the surf. I am blessed being able to walk and listen and view the scene in front of my eyes. The snow capped mountains across the way in Washington. The sea sparkling in the sun. And the gulls screeching. They are always around. They fly by my front windows and leave huge white droppings. It's life and my windows will be cleaned.

The cruise ship season is in full swing here. Very large ships and one or two smaller ones. I can't imagine being on a ship with 2565 passengers and crew. They are floating hotels. Then someone gets sick with gastroenteritis and all hell breaks loose.

I have too many books waiting to be read and am feeling a bit overwhelmed. One of them, I have to read and send a short review within a week!!! Not enough time.

And I'm writing my mystery, having passed 35,000 words and no end in sight. How did this happen?

Does anyone read this Blog? Why am I writing it? It's keeping a second diary. I write in my diary at night and my Blog fills in the cracks - when I remember to write in my Blog.

In the meantime I have to go and read. Remember to purchase my books. All are available in e-published form and very inexpensive.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: