Wednesday, August 13, 2014

ANITA BIRT - SPEAKING OUT

There are days when I think parts of the world have gone mad. A small group have been chased away from their homes because the murderous ISIS want to kill them. All because they have a particular Muslim Christian beliefs and for that they must die. The poor souls took refuge on a mountain and are being rescued by American fighter/bombers taking out ISIS strongholds. Other countries are sending in aid so the poor folks will have something to eat and drink.

This is so sad. I think of the little children suffering and the older children unable to attend school. Is there a future? What can Canada do?

Robert Fulford had a brilliant essay in the National Post yesterday. "Mid-Century Judaism." Where he recounts the achievements of Jewish designers in furniture, clothing, architecture. It's worth a read. In the midst of the terrorists, Hamas, trying to kill all Jews, it's important to remember how much Jews have contributed to all aspects of our society.

Is hate stronger than love? If you know the answers please let me know. You can Tweet me or send a message on Facebook or comment on this Blog.

 The fog horns are blowing over the sea and the mist is drifting, soft and quiet. So peaceful.

So much to do. So little time. I'm too old to take on world problems. It's up to the younger generations to change the world - a little bit at a time. Smiling will help a little bit.

I think I'm wandering off on different topics. I read my three daily newspapers and books to energize my brain. . I'll e-mail Robert Fulford and tell him how much I enjoyed his essay, "Mid-Century Judaism."

I urge you to buy my romance novels, my non-fiction book, The House at Bridal Veil, and my mystery, THE GHOST WRITER MYSTERY. Enjoy

Anita
www.anitabirt.com




No comments: