Saturday, July 12, 2014

ANITA BIRT - SPEAKING OUT


A great flight of gulls has flown overhead. They have pooped all over my front window so it has to be washed again. I was shocked to learn that gulls are a protected species here in Canada! Why? Same as raccoons and they are a huge problem in Toronto where they breed like...raccoons.

Her in Victoria urban deer are a huge problem. They breed happily and there are no predators to eat them up. A cougar roaming might scare them but cougars also eat pet cats and are a danger to we mortals.

I have my grandson, his wife and my great granddaughter Caroline arriving to morrow for a five day visit. I have booked them into a private suite where I live. The weather is perfectly terrific, summer but not too hot. The breeze off the sea keeps us cool at night.

I had a notion to read something written by Charles Dickens so I started reading The Old Curiosity Shop. Dickens creates such evil characters, without any redeeming qualities. I'm enjoying the story and all the characters Nell and her grandfather meet on the road.

I shall write a page or two on my book, Phyllis. Writing is such a pleasure. I have no deadlines. Nobody wants me. I'll see how this book turns out.

My books are out there awaiting to entertain you. All are in e-book format. Easy to buy. Try it.

Anita
www.anita birt.com

No comments: